Timeline of Consumerium
This is one and incomplete timeline of the Consumerium effort.
Another is at Troll Timeline and MediaWiki article has a timeline of MW developments.
- 2000 - Idea of Consumerium appears to the Lowest Troll
- 2001 - Nothing much happens
- 2002 - Our first philantropist appears. Consumerium.org domain and hosting is donated to the effort.
- 2003 - Copylefting and adopting MediaWiki to drive development
- 2004 -
- 2005 - Semantic MediaWiki extemsion is released
- 2006 -
- 2007 -
- 2008 - Consumerium:Metrics start to take meaningful form
- 2009 -
- 2010 -
- 2011 -
- 2012 - Radical take on voting w/ extreme consumer protection, perhaps to the detriment of usability. Wikidata is initiated.
- 2013 - Consumium free social starts
- 2014 -
- 2015 -
- 2016 - Priorities selections and systems selections kick in. Secret stuff will be implemented later on and the adequate technological secrecy will be applied in time.
2000[edit | edit source]
- Initial idea of Consumerium forms in the Lowest Troll’s mind inspired by information on Bluetooth
2001[edit | edit source]
Greenpeace gets it independently: Consumerium buying signal idea of green light for good products appears at act.greenpeace.org - lookup by barcodes.
2002[edit | edit source]
- Kalle Hallivuori sponsors the domain name Consumerium.org at Gandi.net and hosting at Pingviini.net after meeting Juho and hearing his raves about a future of consumism and browsing the handout the Lowest Troll had prepared just in case meet nice technically adept people:
- Consumerium.org online (!) and first plan-of-intent of Consumerium in Finnish and English released.
Adbusters begins discussing its Greenscan service - also based on barcodes. Neither Adbusters nor Greenpeace has proposed an architecture for delivery.
2003[edit | edit source]
January. Juho gets an internet connection :)
Finnish version scrapped. Too much hassle.
- 2003-03-10 Consumerium gets Wikified and GFDL'd (see: old articles for most of the original articles copied from the old site.)
- 2003-03-15 First GPL'd DTDs released
- 2003-03-16 Started researching in Wikipedia to benefit all.
- 2003-06-05 The First Ever Bluetooth Barcode Scanner (Baracoda Pencil) added to Hardware Requirements
- 2003-06-06 Track record of Charitable contributions or Social services added to section Indicators of ethical aspects and social responsibility of Features
- 2003-06-06 Added distinction between functional packaging and decorative packaging to section Indicators of Environmental Friendliness of Features
- 2003-06-06 Added Bluetooth keyboards to the optional requirements subsection of the Store's hardware requirements section of Hardware Requirements
- 2003-06-08 Preparations for getting registered in Sourceforge get underway.
- 2003-06-12 Added Product substitution to Other services section of Features.
- 2003-06-15 Added Consumerium to the InterWiki map from MeatballWiki
- 2003-06-19 Added Inter-shop navigation to section Other services of Features
- 2003-07-03 Added SA8000 certification to Indicators of ethical aspects and social responsibility of Features
- 2003-07-23 Registered XML development project under GPL at http://consuml.sourceforge.net
- 2003-08-31 The Design paradigm revisioned from using ConsuML (XML) to store the content to using a Wiki as the content platform
- 2003-09-22 The principles of The Consumerium Exchange outlined
- 2003-10-13 Majority of TCE implementation moved to be the responsibility of The Opinion Wiki
- 2003-11-06 The concept of Fairtrade On Demand is introduced
- 2003-11-29 Workplace Upgrade Requests added to Indicators of ethical aspects and social responsibility of Features
- 2003-11-29 Fairtrade On Demand is added to new section Future features of features
- 2003-12-03 Translation work initiated in Wiktionary
- Copyleft everything
- MediaWiki introduced
- http://develop.consumerium.org, the 1st subdomain is created and the development wiki is placed here.
- Active development of knowledge
- Blog December 2003
- Blog November 2003
- Blog October 2003
2004[edit | edit source]
- 2004-03-10 Added Checkout Consumerium to section Other services Features
- 2004-03-10 Consumerium Development Wiki has been available for One Year!
- 2004-03-18 Nokia, Sony and Phillips form NFC-forum to advance NFC development, implementation and inter-operability, which is great news for Checkout Consumerium designated as one of the first instore Consumerium Services
See Consumerium anticipated roll-out for planned future events and known scheduled events. Don't take those as seriously as you take the above!
- By 2004-09-09 Main Page reaches 10.000 views and number of articles exceeds 1.000 unfortunately mostly due to some active participants diverging into useless wordplay and other activities which are not part of the main goal of this wiki
- 2004-11-2 Nokia announces NFC enabled phone covers for Nokia 3220 (available 1st quarter 2005 in Europe and 2nd quarter 2005 in Americas and Asia
- 2004-11-27 The international "buy nothing day" or BND for short http://www.buynothingday.co.uk/
- How Consumerium differs from Wikipedia in a nutshell gets written, de-escalates the conflict with Wikimedia.
- Blog October 2004
- Blog September 2004
- Blog August 2004
- Blog July 2004
- Blog June 2004
- Blog May 2004
- Blog April 2004
- Blog March 2004
- Blog February 2004
- Blog January 2004
2005[edit | edit source]
- Semantic MediaWiki is introduced
- Fair Flower and Plants label is expected to be finalized and introduced to consumers
- Fair trade There are plans to introduce Fair trade cotton and textiles to the market
- UCC requires that by January 1, 2005 all retail scanning systems in the US must be able to accept EAN-13
- Disarray and vandalism sets in. Hard times are about. Read about the main lowlight-happenings on my userpage on the Stop-Synthetic-Filth! wiki
2006[edit | edit source]
2007[edit | edit source]
- Switching from Escapebox.net's nice Semi-Managed FreeBSD in Germany to a w:Fedora Core (v5 lol) GNU/Linux at Kotisivut.com to have newer versions of stuff.
- DBpedia, a pioneer in formalizing information from Wikipedia and other wikis comes online
2008[edit | edit source]
- The first Consumerium:Metrics are developed. Continues till 2010.
- Outdated Fedora Core 5 server retired in favour of a proper w:Debian GNU/Linux 6 server at Kotisivut.com.
2009[edit | edit source]
2010[edit | edit source]
2011[edit | edit source]
2012[edit | edit source]
- Archive Team archives all the non-deleted full article histories. Lowest Troll sighs with relief as it is no longer up-to only him to keep working backups safe.
- MediaWiki upgraded 8 versions up and MediaWiki/extensions to combat automized vandalism are installed and the wiki is once again unlocked for editing.
- Consumerium plans as of 2013 was originally "Consumerium plans as of 2012" and contained an interesting take on voting systems.
- Plans regarding the voting were (almost) finished in December 2012. Voting results ( obs. plural ), reviews, feedback and links and linked data and other information are the five key components of a view on a business.
Open Food Facts (.org), a crowdsourced non-profit open database, web app and mobile apps of food products initiated in 2012 by French programmer Stéphane Gigandet. It is limited to foodstuffs only by the contract, others will be removed and clearly seeks not to be political.
The database is copylefted under w:Open Database License, database entries under Database Contents License and the uploaded photos under CC-BY-3.0 Creative Commons so the database and the photos can be reused in other services so it would seem a good place to contribute as open data is available in various formats.
- In 2012 there were 2000+ extensions made for MediaWiki which must all be analyzed for usefulness which was attempted at MediaWiki/extensions
2013[edit | edit source]
- New server with Debian7 at the excellent https://transip.eu hosting guys in Netherlands for the first Consumium free social medium, diaspora*.
and other sources.
2014[edit | edit source]
To be constructed from User:Juboxi/Blog/2014 and other sources.
2015[edit | edit source]
To be constructed from User:Juboxi/Blog/2015 and other sources.
2016[edit | edit source]
Consumerium-y going-ons in 2016
- Priorities selections is an article to get things going by writing them out.
- Systems selections is a bring-together article to collect, screen and select technology etc. etc. Observe correct selection of Wikimedia flavor when your senses call for it.
- Databases (models of data and implementations)
- Product and service classifications provide hierarchical ways of finding a group for a product, similar products etc.
- Consumium free social grew to a quartet in the spring of 2016 with the addition of Hubzilla, Friendica and GNU social.
- Wikimedia Commons was activated on Saturday 2016-09-10 as a media source. Dig in.
Lowest Troll's blog for year 2016
2017[edit | edit source]
2018[edit | edit source]
- 2018-10-31 Finnish language website https://kuluttajisto.consumerium.org/ launched
- Lowest Troll's blog for the year 2018
2019[edit | edit source]
- 2019-08-20 | Juho joins the Open Food Facts as Juho of Consumerium.org at world.openfoodfacts.org [https://wiki.openfoodfacts.org/User:Juho-of-consumerium-org Juho of Consumerium.org at wiki.openfoodfacts.org
- Consumerium gets a WhatsApp number.
2020[edit | edit source]
- 2020-07-23 | the new cards arrived
- 2020-07-23 | New page is created in Consumerium.org Wordpress Marketing materials - Consumerium.org
- 2020-07-24 | New page is created in Kuluttajisto.consumerium.org Wordpress 'Markkinointimateriaalit' - Kuluttajisto - Consumerium Suomessa
2021[edit | edit source]
- Nothing much happening yet. Juho is keeping busy with improvements and promotion of the Stop Synthetic Filth! wiki
2022[edit | edit source]
- Purchased domain Kuluttajisto.fi on Tuesday 2022-11-15 and subsequently setup a Finnish lanaguage wiki there kuluttajistow:Etusivu is the Main Page.
The plan is to migrate the wordpress at https://kuluttajisto.consumerium.org to a subdirectory /wp/ there