ConsuML stands for Consumption Markup Language.
ConsuML is licensed under GNU GPL.
Current (short) description:[edit | edit source]
The goal of ConsuML development is to produce an XML tag schema that can be used to markup information within The Consumerium Exchange and Backend Information for generating stub articles to the Content Wiki on-demand.
This information includes (very incomplete):
ConsuML is not the top development priority. Instead the focus is on the Content Wiki
relation to attention.xml[edit | edit source]
ConsuML can integrate into pages information about how much attention it received: pages which hundreds of people have looked at are much less likely to be accurate than pages that hundreds of thousands have looked at, if everyone of those people had a chance to edit. A good metric of how trustworthy something is, is how many people looked at it without changing it, when all had a chance to change it.
Old description:[edit | edit source]
Consumerium is a not-for-profit project, developed under GFDL license, to develop free software and infrastructure for storage, transport and display of product information to consumers and feedback to the producers to enhance the consumer experience, advance product development and to keep this planet as hospitable as possible in the future.
The goal of ConsuML development is to produce an XML tag schema that can be used to markup information about
- natural and infrastructural services underlying products from resource extraction to production and distribution to Point of Sale
- specific products and their features and product group schemes focusing expecially on environmental, social responsibility, corporate citizenship and ethics issues,
- companies and other real organisations and their interrelations
- virtual communities with common buying guidelines and their democratic or other governance
- individual persons paying respect to their privacy,
- production, trade, logistic, environmental, labor and financial processes,
- Temporal information (times, timelines) and spatial information (geographic) and the composition of these with other data mentioned here
- opinions, facts and arguments regarding buying decisions and their actual effects
- feedback regarding services offered by companies
for use in the Consumerium-project and other applicable Point of Sale applications paying special attention to maintaining the historical data so that when the current data is changed the historical state is preserved for retrospection and
- XSLT-transformations to facilitate data-interchange with other information systems or languages used to express similar or related information, such as ebXML and IXRetail