Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tutorials to XML
- http://www.xml.com/ - See the left navbar under "Essentials". ten-twenty minutes introductions into single areas of XML
- XMLPatterns.com - Developing effective DTDs and XML Schema documents for your XML using structural design patterns.
Examples of Schemas and DTDs
- XML.ORG schema registry by OASIS - plenty of stuff to see how it's done in the "real world"
- Online Validator for XML Schema REC (20010502) version - Just point the tool to your XSD-file, or upload the file, if you cannot put it online.
- Largest collection of Free XML Tools on the web
Useful grammars in building Consumerium:
- XML Based Signing http://www.w3.org/Signature/
- XML Based Encryption http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/
- XML Key Management http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/ (Working Group)
- XACML (eXtendable Access Control Mark-up Language) from http://www.oasis-open.org/
- GML (Geography Markup Language) from http://opengis.net/gml/01-029/GML2.html
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- Market Data Definition Language (MDDL) is used to describe financial market phenomena and interchange data between market participants. This seems to be it's way to becoming an industry standard. It uses the following standards in it's markup.
- Electronic Business XML - Developed by OASIS and endorsed by UN
- IXRetail - US retailer federations proposal for XML for Retail functions
- ISO 639 - Language Codes (2 char), ISO 3166 - Country Codes,
- ISO 4217 - Currency Codes (3 char,)
- ISO 6166 - International Securities Identification Number (ISIN)
- ISO 10383 - Market Identification Code (MIC)
- ISO 10962 Classification of Financial Instruments (CFI)
- EAN.UCC Global Data Dictionary is an attempt to standardise XML business messages. This initiative doesn't seem very active lately