Timeline of Consumerium
This is one and incomplete timeline of the Consumerium effort.
- 2000 - Idea of Consumerium appears to the Lowest Troll
- 2001 - Nothing much happens
- 2002 - Our first philantropist appears. Consumerium.org domain and hosting is donated to the effort.
- 2003 - Copylefting and adopting MediaWiki to drive development
- 2004 -
- 2005 - Semantic MediaWiki extemsion is released
- 2006 -
- 2007 -
- 2008 - Consumerium:Metrics start to take meaningful form
- 2009 -
- 2010 -
- 2011 -
- 2012 - Radical take on voting w/ extreme consumer protection, perhaps to the detriment of usability. Wikidata is initiated.
- 2013 - Consumium free social starts
- 2014 -
- 2015 -
- 2016 - Priorities selections and systems selections kick in. Secret stuff will be implemented later on and the adequate technological secrecy will be applied in time.
- Kalle Hallivuori sponsors the domain name Consumerium.org at Gandi.net and hosting at Pingviini.net after meeting Juho and hearing his raves about a future of consumism and browsing the handout the Lowest Troll had prepared just in case meet nice technically adept people:
- Consumerium.org online (!) and first plan-of-intent of Consumerium in Finnish and English released.
January. Juho gets an internet connection :)
Finnish version scrapped. Too much hassle.
10.3. Consumerium gets Wikified and GFDL'd (see: old articles for most of the original articles copied from the old site.)
15.3. First GPL'd DTDs released
8.6. Preparations for getting registered in Sourceforge get underway.
22.9. The principles of The Consumerium Exchange outlined
13.10. Majority of TCE implementation moved to be the responsibility of The Opinion Wiki
6.11. The concept of Fairtrade On Demand is introduced
- Copyleft everything
- MediaWiki introduced
- http://develop.consumerium.org, the 1st subdomain is created and the development wiki is placed here.
- Active development of knowledge
- Blog December 2003
- Blog November 2003
- Blog October 2003
18.3. Nokia, Sony and Phillips form NFC-forum to advance NFC development, implementation and interoperability, which is great news for Checkout Consumerium designated as one of the first instore Consumerium Services
See Consumerium anticipated rollout for planned future events and known scheduled events. Don't take those as seriously as you take the above!
By 9.9. Main Page reaches 10.000 views and number of articles exeeds 1.000 unfortunatelly mostly due to some active participants diverging into useless wordplay and other activities which are not part of the main goal of this wiki
- The international "buy nothing day" or BND for short http://www.buynothingday.co.uk/
How Consumerium differs from Wikipedia in a nutshell gets written, desteams conflict with Wikimedia.
- Blog October 2004
- Blog September 2004
- Blog August 2004
- Blog July 2004
- Blog June 2004
- Blog May 2004
- Blog April 2004
- Blog March 2004
- Blog February 2004
- Blog January 2004
- Semantic MediaWiki is introduced
- UCC requires that by January 1, 2005 all retail scanning systems in the US must be able to accept EAN-13
- Disarray and vandalism sets in. Hard times are about.
- Switching from Escapebox.net's nice Semi-Managed FreeBSD in Germany to a w:Fedora Core (v5 lol) GNU/Linux at Kotisivut.com to have newer versions of stuff.
- DBpedia comes online
- The first Consumerium:Metrics are developed. Continues till 2010.
- Outdated Fedora Core 5 server retired in favor of a proper w:Debian GNU/Linux 6 server at Kotisivut.com.
- Archive Team archives all the non-deleted full article histories. Lowest Troll sighs with relief as it is no longer up-to only him to keep working backups safe.
- MediaWiki upgraded 8 versions up and MediaWiki/extensions to combat automized vandalism are installed and the wiki is once again unlocked for editing.
- Consumerium plans as of 2013 was originally "Consumerium plans as of 2012" and contained an interesting take on voting systems.
- Plans regarding the voting were (almost) finished in December 2012. Voting results ( obs. plural ), reviews, feedback and links and linked data and other information are the five key components of a view on a business.
- Work is begun on Wikidata
- In 2012 there were 2000+ extensions made for MediaWiki which must all be analyzed for usefulness which was attempted at MediaWiki/extensions
- New server with Debian7 at the excellent https://transip.eu hosting guys in Netherlands for the first Consumium free social medium, diaspora*.
and other sources.
To be constructed from User:Juboxi/Blog/2014 and other sources.
To be constructed from User:Juboxi/Blog/2015 and other sources.
Consumerium-y going ons in 2016
- Priorities selections is an article to get things going by writing them out.
- Systems selections is a bring-together article to collect, screen and select technology etc. etc. Observe correct selection of Wikimedia flavor when your senses call for it.
- Consumium free social grew to a quartet in the spring of 2016 with the addition of Hubzilla, Friendica and GNU social.
- Wikimedia Commons was activated on Saturday 2016-09-10 as a media source. Dig in.
It is the year 2018.