- 1 Blogging about Consumerium related matters moved to http://blog.consumerium.org/
- 2 Juho's other blogs
- 3 2016
- 3.1 December
- 3.2 November
- 3.3 October
- 3.4 September
- 3.5 August
- 3.6 July
- 3.7 June
- 3.8 May
- 3.9 April
- 3.10 March
- 3.11 February
- 3.12 January
Juho's other blogs
I got an another WordPress blog http://juboblo.gr - juboblo.gr – blogging from 1000 clicks south of end of land. Domain was like 24€ or 30€ (don't remember which) / 2 yrs so I thought I'd pitch in in solidarity with the Greek people.
- Blog October 2004
- Blog September 2004
- Blog August 2004
- Blog July 2004
- Blog June 2004
- Blog May 2004
- Blog April 2004
- Blog March 2004
- Blog February 2004
- Blog January 2004
- Older blogs
- Merry Xmas everyone. This year I made, verified and distributed backups of all the relevant parts of relevant servers and clicked and tapped on http://thehungersite.greatergood.com/ so that's 2 donations. Juboxi (talk) 15:32, 24 December 2016 (EET)
- Made, verified and distributed backups of this development wiki. Juboxi (talk) 17:33, 20 December 2016 (EET)
- There will be some outages today due to moving to another server. DNS change and move to a new code version on a new server. Juboxi (talk) 08:36, 11 December 2016 (EET)
- Installed https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AbuseFilter today and marked the blacklisted words as hidden so the Russian spammers will have harder time trying to spam their shit. Juboxi (talk) 12:16, 30 November 2016 (EET)
- Reedy said that I should check out the stable branch (1_27) instead of the 1_28-alpha. I'll look into that in the coming few days. Juboxi (talk) 15:48, 24 October 2016 (EEST)
- Apologies for some unannounced downtime of approx 1.5 hrs this afternoon. MW is now latest version (some weird bug prlly due to the LocalSettings.php being ancient. Thanks to paladox, Reedy and arseny92 for their extremely valuable time and effort in resolving. Juboxi (talk) 15:47, 24 October 2016 (EEST)
- Installed mw:Extension:Blacklist and added '.*порно.*' to the blacklist and checked it is operational. I got better things to do than delete obvious contraband. Juboxi (talk) 11:00, 24 October 2016 (EEST)
- Reboots complete without incidents. Juboxi (talk) 19:58, 22 October 2016 (EEST)
- Server reboot for kernel upgrade in a little while. Looking at the packages that were updated today on the servers and my laptops they seem to hint that the DDoS on some ISP of ISPs yesterday was something interesting. Juboxi (talk) 19:44, 22 October 2016 (EEST)
- Made and verified full backups of the MariaDBs in Espoon and Netherlands. Juboxi (talk) 17:49, 15 October 2016 (EEST)
- Renewed all the Consumium free social certificates till January. Couldn't get the automation to work (again) but will look into it. Juboxi (talk) 20:17, 7 October 2016 (EEST)
- Made and verified complete backups of databases and files. Juboxi (talk) 20:14, 7 October 2016 (EEST)
- Made, verified and distributed backups. Updated the wiki to latest version. Downtime of approx 20-30 minutes occurred. No data loss. Updated the MediaWiki upgrading instructions in my blog Juboxi (talk) 15:20, 10 September 2016 (EEST)
- Run across this new thing for me: w:Authority control is a method used to assign a unique identifier to each topic. Read more: w:Help:Authority control
Diaspora* of the Consumium free social quartet is currentlyd down due to complications in upgrading from 0.5.10.2 -> 0.6.0.0.Juboxi (talk) 13:43, 7 September 2016 (EEST)
- Update. diaspora* 0.6.0.0 up, backupped and snapshotted at 13:42 UTC. The Consumium free social quartet are all up. Problem was something with unix-sockets not working as expected. Worked around by using the "old" style of communicating: TCP/IP w/ IPTABLES set to disallow any attempts from outside of even thinking of knocking on the port. Juboxi (talk) 16:05, 7 September 2016 (EEST)
- Had an outage of a few hours on this development wiki last night. Was probably caused by DNS <-> WebUI glue code failure, still waiting on confirmation from the Esbo hosting guys. No data loss occurred. Made full backups of database and static files. Juboxi (talk) 13:36, 7 September 2016 (EEST)
- Made, verified and distributed complete backups of all databases and all static files of all production servers yesterday. 22:38, 31 August 2016 (EEST) ps. Except the w:PostgreSQL that holds the Consumium free social MediaGoblin. Gonna get to that soon
- Started the database article today. I think it will be a good place to think this out in the open. Juboxi (talk) 17:55, 26 August 2016 (EEST)
- Made and verified backups of this Development Wiki. Also made and verified backups of the Consumium.org free social media site databases. Static files still need backupping. Juboxi (talk) 15:15, 26 August 2016 (EEST)
- Made backups of both production servers and verified and distributed them today. Juboxi (talk) 23:32, 10 August 2016 (EEST)
- https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki_2.4.0 looks really good. Now even provides regex matching for search pattern, really useful. Juboxi (talk) 14:11, 13 July 2016 (EEST)
Bought a new server in Lithuania for 7.03€ / 3 months VAT incl. I like all the hosting guys UI how they thought it up and implementation seems solid. IS MI AFFILIATE LINK -> https://billing.time4vps.eu/?affid=787 <- So if you going to buy you make them know that you want the affiliate id 787 aka Jubo-Jubohi, Lowest Troll of Consumerium consumer empowerment and Consumium free social media to get the small change they will credit my account with them.
What is new in MediaWiki version 1.28
- It sends email to admin when it spots problematic edits. Will report more on what criteria triggers it when I find that information
Search for awesome free software
- Upgraded the MediaWiki to latest version. Installed all skins and upgraded the extensions. You can read about it in my professional blog. Juboxi (talk) 18:25, 2 July 2016 (EEST)
- Moving the DNS from the Espoo hosting guys to https://gandi.net in France today. TTL is set to 900 seconds so the move should be swift and no downtime is expected to occur. Juboxi (talk) 13:53, 1 July 2016 (EEST)
Action Plan 2016
The way forward is open. Barcode scanners which are available for all mobile platforms can utilize the camera to either read the barcode or the textual representation under it.
To implement the functionalities without needing to be shit-scared of flaws in access controll mechanisms I am thinking (correct me here if I'm wrong) of having 2 separate databases.. 1 where all data is visible to all, maybe even write access for all because of rollback ability and another one that is secret that only the devels.. uhh.. me? can see. Then once it is figured out what should be kept secret from all i.e. access controlls impleplemented so that SysAdmins and such don't get to see stuff they could abuse.
It will likely make sense to have a mirroring database that mirrors both Wikidata and DBpedia (and instruct the algorithm to go compare their values whenever there is free time). Juboxi (talk) 16:26, 22 June 2016 (EEST)
Allow legit spam in userspace?
- Seems we have a few advertisers in Australia creating user accounts to advertise their legit looking services. Looking at the existing Consumerium:Rules and Consumerium:Guidelines I don't see anything saying this was never allowed. Verdict is: Clean business (no porno, guns, torture equipment) and legit looking domain name they are spamming and text appearing to be written by a human and it stays.
Interesting new commercial social media is w:Tsū (social network). The system has revenue sharing to those producing the popular content and works with the concept of channels like Hubzilla. One must wait for 7 days before can begin creating channels. Tsū protects consumers' content better than Facebook it would appear and there is glue code to post to facebook. Is basically a more ethical drop-in replacement for Facebook. I'm http://www.tsu.co/Jukeboksi there. Juboxi (talk) 20:11, 3 June 2016 (EEST)
- Made and verified backups of databases of both servers today.
- Been working on some Wikivoyage content lately.
- https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Sailing_in_Finland - My first article
- https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Uusimaa - Home
- https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Vantaa_and_Northern_Helsinki - Home
- https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Helsinki - Home
- https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Raseborg and https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Hanko - nice places to the west
- Got me a https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/ account. The "issue" ended up to being me accidentally hitting ctrl-m and enabling the IME mode
Tuesday - 2016-03-15
- Note to self: harvest http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/researchhub/globaldirectory.aspx for essential and interesting organisations.
- Mmmm.. in negotiations via email lasting less then one day I managed to negotiate -55% price and +100% RAM for the machine running this development wiki. Sometimes I'm good. So I started by telling them that competitor X has this kind of deal and if their cost structure allows them to match it then by all means. They didn't just match, they exceeded.
- Got the https://hub.consumium.org Hubzilla hub set up in under 3 hours without major glitches.
- Renewed the domain Consumerium.org into 2017.
- I finally managed to make a useful landing page for the https://d.consumium.org diaspora* pod. Check it out and join the pod on our way to 200 active users (listed by https://PodUpTi.me )
- Today I installed w:GNU social #freesome on https://social.consumium.org for the purposes of providing the consumer with more choices and to demonstrate experience in setting one up for http://faces.fi w:Faces Etnofestival for which I'm doing marketing pro-bono. Their pensioner discount is 100% so it's only reasonable I contribute. It would be a natural step to provide social.faces.fi for the festival goers before during and after for the festival-goers. Calculated on a 18€ / month cost for server the 10 yr cost is only 2160€, practically nothing in the marketing prices ballpark. --Juboxi (talk) 19:33, 3 March 2016 (EET)
- Upgraded both servers to Debian 8.3 today. Went glitchlessly with 110-120 packages upgraded
- Doing the Consum(er)ium list of lists ( and ofcourse the lists ) one notices that there is immense demand for being able to say "X is a thing in USA" or "X is a thing in Canada" _OR_ "X is a thing in Canada and USA" --Juboxi (talk) 15:58, 22 January 2016 (EET)
- Made backups and verified that they load into the reference system. --Juboxi (talk) 15:45, 18 January 2016 (EET)
- The voting arrangement is not done yet even if I claimed so in Dec 2012
- It is obvious that to produce value to the consumer the effort must play with sets of sets
- Bringing all the projects, efforts and commercial and non-commercial entities Consum(er)ium list of lists that are scattered in many articles will likely yield a better whole picture is good short run but in the long run going to need database solution. --Juboxi (talk) 14:20, 16 January 2016 (EET)
- Consum(er)ium list of lists fully screened and organized today. --Juboxi (talk) 23:02, 16 January 2016 (EET)