October[edit | edit source]
Sunday 2015-10-25[edit | edit source]
- Backupped and verified backups for both this development wiki and the d.consumium.org diaspora* pod
Wednesday 2015-10-07[edit | edit source]
- Laptop is getting to be weird buggy and errory stuff.
- Luckily the servers are running on latest Debian8.1 in secure date centres in Finland and Netherlands with no glitches. http://PodUpTi.me gives https://d.consumium.org 100% uptime
Monday 2015-10-05[edit | edit source]
- Paid the server bill.
About this month[edit | edit source]
- Glücklich Oktoberfest für alle Leuten
September[edit | edit source]
Tuesday 2015-09-29[edit | edit source]
Made backups of the database. Didn't verify them yet as I need to set this up on this new laptop.
July[edit | edit source]
Friday 2015-07-17[edit | edit source]
Ok.. MediaWiki update done. Special:Version is now latest stable and all the extensions have been also upgraded to latest via Git. --Juboxi (talk) 15:09, 17 July 2015 (EEST)
Ok.. Server migration done. Next up adopting git to manage the MediaWiki/extensions and to upgrade the MediaWiki to latest. Git was broken on the old production server which was main incentive for migrating to a clean new system. --Juboxi (talk) 12:42, 17 July 2015 (EEST)
Saturday 2015-07-11[edit | edit source]
- The server hosting this and a few other sites had some issue which required reboot. Remote reboot wouldn't work when I used copy-paste to insert the password. Got informed by the hosting guys that this is the issue and now services are back to normal. --Juboxi (talk) 18:24, 11 July 2015 (EEST).
Friday 2015-07-10[edit | edit source]
- I activated *.consumium.org wildcard certificate for https://d.consumium.org today. Working on getting https://c.consumium.org to work on the new Finnish server. --Juboxi (talk) 18:28, 11 July 2015 (EEST)
Sunday 2015-07-05[edit | edit source]
- I bought a wildcard certificate from https://cheapsslsecurity.com and will generate the main cert and server certs for d.consumium.org and c.consumium.org and put it in place this following week. The cheapsslsecurity.com seem to be on top of their game and even gave me reduced price when I filed case of "best price guarantee". Turns out that Comodo Positive Wildcard SSL Certificate and Comodo Wildcard SSL Certificate are two different products but they still gave me an excellent price --Juboxi (talk) 14:48, 5 July 2015 (EEST)
Saturday 2015-07-04[edit | edit source]
- http://wikiba.se/ - yeah..
- but not forgetting - http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Downloads#6
- I'm looking into getting a Wildcard certificate for the SSL. The one on https://d.consumium.org expires on 10th of this month. With a wildcard SSL cert as many server certs for direct subdomains can be signed. --Juboxi (talk) 12:15, 4 July 2015 (EEST)
June[edit | edit source]
Friday 2015-06-05[edit | edit source]
- Received news that the hosting guys responded positively to my request to get a new shiny Debian8 server with considerably more resources then the old servers put together for a reasonable price. Will begin migration of the hosted sites to the new server as soon as it arrives. --Juboxi (talk) 16:32, 5 June 2015 (EEST)
- Server arrived. Gonna try to get the migration done at some point.
Thursday 2015-06-04[edit | edit source]
Backupped the database. --Juboxi (talk) 16:29, 5 June 2015 (EEST)
April[edit | edit source]
Saturday 2015-04-04[edit | edit source]
I just enrolled in the Helsinki Summer University course on Android development. No-one else has been and is being stepping up to the call so I think I need to get into software engineering and I'm taking this course on the front end stuff. Will use MaidSafe for secure storage of the historical vote data.. At start we can donate more space then we need. This way the effort can acquire MaidSafe coins to pay for future storage needs in TBs or beyond. That or pizza for jubo-jubo ( the MaidSafe coins ) --Juboxi (talk) 13:38, 4 April 2015 (EEST)
March[edit | edit source]
Sunday 2015-03-22[edit | edit source]
Crowdfunding drive to be able to hire professional to move the Consumerium effort into praxis instead of the 13th year in development ? --Juboxi (talk) 12:50, 22 March 2015 (EET)
The core functions of the Consumium/Consumerium software aren't really complicated and almost everything has been specsed except maybe one thing. Instead of being crazy protective and have votes be anonymous a better praxis would be to give right to the consumer for each vote or set of votes whether to publicly show that these are his/her votes and this is how s/he voted. Everyone would see everyones ratio of public votes and anonymous votes. Another ratio is naturally the positive/total and negative/total public votes.
Note to self: "Try not to do lists badly when one should be doing databases well." How about learning SPARQL since that is the language one can query DBpedia and Wikidata
Friday 2015-03-20[edit | edit source]
Dear Customer, We are pleased to confirm that you have successfully renewed the following domain that is registered at Gandi:
This domain has been renewed for 1 year(s), and the new expiration date is therefore 2016-04-XX YY:ZZ:XY
January[edit | edit source]
Monday 2015-01-19[edit | edit source]
- Backupped and verified backups --Juboxi (talk) 20:34, 19 January 2015 (EET)
- The reCAPTCHA is now working instead of the math-CAPTCHA that apparently broke but you will see an error message. I'll try to figure out from the logs what is wrong.
Wedenesday 2015-01-07[edit | edit source]
- Backupped and verified backups --Juboxi (talk) 12:58, 7 January 2015 (EET)
- Snapshotted and upgraded the https://d.consumium.org Diaspora* pod. --Juboxi (talk) 13:01, 7 January 2015 (EET)
- Fixed the diaspora.yml so that correct stats will start going to http://podupti.me so it no longer shows zero users and zero posts. --Juboxi (talk) 13:10, 7 January 2015 (EET)