Please note: This article is deprecated in favor of a new design thus the contents are not coherent with current plans. Here are some proposed software components that form the cornerstones of Consudev:
- MediaWiki modifications - for discussion on modifications needed to properly implement the features
- Tools for MediaWiki
Sorry, no downloadables yet.
Now the real question what is the function/responsibility of each cornerstone, and how do they interrelate. There are preliminary plans also in The Planned Features Page on what goes where.
- Interface and storage of Facts in Wikicode
The Consumerium Vault
- Certification Authority
- Verification, Authentication, Audit, Storage and Interface to ConsuML information (except for the information handled by TCE)
- Interfaces with XML datasources like GEPIR
- Information in TCE and Content wiki is matched according to backend information
- Fetches, delievers (and caches when applicable) Advertisement Videos and Informational Videos and keeps track of views for billing purposes
- Merges and delievers information from The Content Wiki, The Consumerium Exchange and The Consumerium Vault + sensitive price data from Point-of-Sale systems and performs formatting, selection and transformation according to the preferences of the consumer
- Provides OCR services to the consumers, for point-and-click access to information about products