Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK laws against synthetic filth. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement. See Current and possible laws and their application @ #SSF! wiki for more info on the struggle for laws to protect humans.
Consumerium anticipated rollout
See Timeline of Consumerium for the "real" historical timeline
Fall 2003 worked out all basic concepts unique to Consumerium, and in Winter 2004, we started recruiting Consumerium developers to kick tires and work out more details; first drafts of Consumerium License might appear as soon as April.
- Progress as of March 15, 2004 includes MediaWiki modifications requested, and a start at sketching Consumerium Process and four user interfaces (full web, worn web, print, audio/headset) for delivering Consumerium buying signal; other Consumerium Service access outlined and some business strategy potential, e.g. friendly retail, etc.. Good division of function. By end of March, should be able to start building the Consumerium:intermediate pages and clearly separating the "three wikis".
- April should be devoted to getting more participation in each of the three: some users doing lookup, of some pages probably imported via XML and updated, with some development work going on to see if all the standards can be met.
- May would be a good time to set up the CGO
- June is the last chance before summer to seek funding, maybe from orgs like Adbusters that are trying to do this but whose Greenscan has stalled;
- (Consumerium Prediction Market may help keep timelines realistic.)