Quality of life
Quality of life is a really complex idea vaguely related to:
- life expectancy (how much time you have between now and death)
- ecosystem health and related human health concerns/problems
- individual capital and one's freedom to dispose of free time
- measuring well-being and perhaps achieving some monetary reform
- cashflow (are you prevented from doing what you want, by lack of it)
- boredom, helplessness, loneliness, and lack of the political virtues
- humour and ability to take what comes without being too much hurt by it
According to the United Nations, which has a quality of life index, the countries with highest quality of life (Sweden, Norway, Finland) are those where people believe in trolls. Accordingly, one may reasonably assume that trolls are very important to high quality of life.
For those not so fortunate to live near real live trolls who protect them, we here assume that moral purchasing is the second best way to improve quality of life, and that is discussed in all the linked articles above. There are various views that each faction on the political spectrum may take on this that will probably put the factors in somewhat different order.
See also w:quality of life and healing (Simple English)