User:Jukeboksi/BBA studies/Language skills
English[edit | edit source]
Language tools and resources[edit | edit source]
- http://www.onelook.com - look up English words in English from over 500 dictionaries with one search
- http://www.etymonline.com - look up etymologies of English lang words. Start with etymology of the word "business"
- http://www.wordreference.com - free high quality dictionaries
- http://www.memrise.com - Language learning environment with a plethora of learning programs
- http://ankisrs.net - A less automized w:spaced repetition flash card program and associated web-interface when you don't have an installation handy
Courses[edit | edit source]
- User:Jukeboksi/BBA studies/Multicultural Business Communication in English
- User:Jukeboksi/BBA studies/Law#Business_Negotiations_and_Contracts
Observations on Business English[edit | edit source]
“Market slang contains a lot of synonyms and words with overlapping meanings ( e.g. capital, equity, shares, stock, investments, holdings, assets etc. almost used interchangeably ) and could be argued that this is done intentionally to render investorspeak non-understandable for the non-investor. Like all cliques and guilds ( lawyers, doctrors etc. ) develop language to make their trade harder for others ( outsiders ) to understand.”
Recommended reading[edit | edit source]
- w:The Stock Exchange (book) written by w:Max Weber in 1894-1896 in what is now w:Germany at under 100 pages it was originally published as a 2-part informational leaflets for workers suspicious and out-of-the-loop in of the ways of the bourses it remains to this date a very relevant and almost essential read should you want begin to understand the flavours of modern w:investment.
Finnish[edit | edit source]
- Suomenkielisen Wikipedian w:fi:Luokka:Liiketalous on merkittävä relevanttien artikkelien kokoelma.
- Finnish for Business Purposes ( in Finnish )
- Finnish for foreigners
- Memrise.com courses of Finnish
Learn legal Finnish with translations[edit | edit source]
- Compare Legistlation of Republic of Finland and more online in Finnish and Swedish with Translations of finnish laws and regulations at finlex.fi
Swedish[edit | edit source]
French[edit | edit source]
- Excellent French conjugation course on Memrise.com suitable for beginners and advanced alike
- 450 most used French verbs - Nice verbery for basic stuff
- Français pour debutants 1 - Français pour debutants 2 - Fraçais intermediaire 1 - Fraçais intermediaire 2 - Business French - French Business Communication
Russian[edit | edit source]
- http://translit.ru - quick hack for typing cyrilics using a western keyboard lay-out
- Memrise.com courses on Russian
Places[edit | edit source]
- Library of The Parliament of Finland is situated in the "Postitalo" right at the core of Helsinki (map). In addition to having all laws and all regulations legistlated by the parliament, they offer wide variety of weekly and monthly magazines from all over the world. Free entry.