Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK laws against synthetic filth. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement. See Current and possible laws and their application @ #SSF! wiki for more info on the struggle for laws to protect humans.
Twelve leverage points
- 12. numbers (subsidies, taxes, standards) - article lengths, numbers of links, number of editors
- 11. The size of buffers relative to the flows
- 10. material stocks and flows - server hardware, comfortable places to surf and type
- 9. The length of delays, relative to the rate of system change
- 8. regulating negative feedback loops - ?????
- 7. driving positive feedback loops -
- 6. information flows (who does and does not have access to what kinds of information) - XML/DTD, talk pages
- 5. the rules of the system (incentives, punishment, constraints) (Mc Flurry stuff ?)
- 4. the power of w:self-organization, e.g. of trolls, little tin god sysop
- 3. the goals of the system, e.g. avoiding becoming Wikipedia
- 2. the mindset out of which the goals, rules, feedback structure arise
- 1. the power to transcend paradigms, change mental structure.