Transnationale provides Consumer guides to multinationals and shopping.
- http://www.transnationale.org/ - In English
- http://es.transnationale.org/ - En español
- http://fr.transnationale.org/ - En français
- http://it.transnationale.org/ - In italiano
Comprehensive, but "best before" expired on some parts such as Finland which I was able to check for myself, information on more than 13,000 companies and over 21.000 brands around the world. Transnationale does not discern between brand and product but lists all products as "brands".
They report social and environmental behaviour, financial data, list of brands, membership to the most influential lobbies, public relations and opinion making, managers name and position, shareholders and subsidiaries, plants locations and offshore centers, brand and corporate image management.
Transnationale provides following metrics:
- Human rights violations
- Labor rights violations
- Percentage of jobs axed since 1998
- Annual sales ( also available from DBpedia)
- Pay of top executives expressed as a multiple of minimum wage
- Profits accumulated since 1998
- Number of offshore financial centers used to circumvent tax paying
- Financial deliquency
- Major pollution spills
- Lobbying and influence
- Dubious marketing or communication incidents
Transnationale provides following datas:
- Industry group
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Ticker symbol
- Company website
- email address
Financials listed in metrics +
- Director fee
- Severance package
Lobbying and corruption
- Intermediary or lobby
- Pollution type
- Description of violation
- Subsidiary name
- Mailing address
- Telephone or email
- Production type
Advertising and marketing:
- Public relations agency
- Value embodied
- Global advertising budget
It seems that as of 2012 transnationale no longer requires membership to access all of the data.
The site contains ads and asks for donations.
They are using static HTML and DB generated pages. Their research seems to be of high quality and special effort has been put to the internationalization.