Location is a feature of anything material.
If you prefer the latter you should get involved in http://meta.wikipedia.org
Location information in Wikipedia:
- w:List of countries
- w:List of countries by continent
- w:List of capitals of subnational entities
- w:List of city listings by country
- w:Municipality contains links and explanations of meaning to listings of Municipalities in some countries
- w:Subnational entity also provedes some starting points to figuring out locations.
Freely available resources
- UN/LOCODE approximatelly 40.000 ports, airports, rail and road terminals, postal exchange offices, border crossings etc. used in international trade