Consumerium list of lists
From Consumerium R&D Wiki
- 1 Welcome to Consum(er)ium list of lists
- 2 Consum(er)ium lists of consumer convenience services
- 3 Consum(er)ium list of sites for the ethical consumer
- 4 Other consumer oriented sites
- 5 Consumer art
- 6 Consumer on the move
- 7 Consumer oriented filantrophy sites
- 8 Activist oriented sites
- 9 Business ethics and other sites for businesses
- 10 List of social media where you can like Consum(er)ium
- 11 Technical solutions and information sources useful to Consum(er)ium
- 12 GFDL corpus sources of information
- 13 Miscellaneous projects
- 14 The Consum(er)ium eternally incomplete list of stuff by country
- 14.1 Africa
- 14.2 Asia
- 14.3 Europe
- 14.3.1 Austria
- 14.3.2 Belgium
- 14.3.3 Czech Republic
- 14.3.4 Denmark
- 14.3.5 Estonia
- 14.3.6 Finland
- 14.3.7 Relevant wikipedia articles
- 14.3.8 France
- 14.3.9 Germany
- 14.3.10 Ireland
- 14.3.11 Italy
- 14.3.12 Latvia
- 14.3.13 Lithuania
- 14.3.14 Luxemburg
- 14.3.15 Netherlands
- 14.3.16 Norway
- 14.3.17 Portugal
- 14.3.18 Slovakia
- 14.3.19 Sweden
- 14.3.20 Switzerland
- 14.3.21 United Kingdom
- 14.4 North America
- 14.5 South America
- 15 Assortments of links
Welcome to Consum(er)ium list of lists
Consum(er)ium lists of consumer convenience services
- Lists of review aggregators and review sites - The idea of reviews has been at the core of the Consum(er)ium idea right from the start.
- Lists of alternative financial services looking for affordable personal or SMB credit __or__ steadily profitable investing opportunities? w:Peer-to-peer lending could be the answer satisfying all 2 parties and by-passing the bank.
- Lists of price comparison services - The invisible green hand of Adam Smith is here to help the consumers to get the best value for their money, price comparison services can also be called price search engines or price aggregators.
- List of free education - Information wants to be free. Especially educational information.
- Lists of shared and alternative transport and journey planners - Ridesharing aka. carpooling, car sharing, multimodal transport network finders and more
- List of types of business entity originated in the article types of companies, was wikipediafied and can now be found at w:types of business entity for nearly all countries and languages.
Consum(er)ium list of sites for the ethical consumer
- The Ethical Consumer - The UK's only alternative consumer organisation looking at the social and environmental records of the companies behind the brand names.
- Fairtrade Labelling Organizations FLO International (fairtrade.net)
- The Good Shopping Guide - UK
- Responsible Shopper A project run by Co-op America that has very convergent goal with us and they actually have a searchable DB online with 350 big companies investigated.
- Transnationale (.org) - Consumer guides to Multinationals and shopping. Transnationale.org provides comprehensive information on more than 13,000 companies around the world. We report social and environmental behaviour, financial data, list of brands, membership to the most influential lobbies, public relations and opinion making, managers name and position, shareholders and subsidiaries, plants locations and offshore centers, brand and corporate image management.
Other consumer oriented sites
- Appropedia.org copyleft source of instructional capital for the consumer (and the entrepreneur)
- Consumer Reports (.org) - offers comparisons of various product groups. Online since at least 1998 according to Archive.org. Nonprofit and Independent
- Consumer Services Guide (.org) a hefty guide of consumer information mostly for US by http://www.consumer-action.org/
- Adbusters Media Foundation(.org) is a global network of artists, activists, writers, pranksters, students, educators and entrepreneurs who want to advance the new social activist movement of the information age. Their aim is to topple existing power structures and forge a major shift in the way we will live in the 21st century.
- Corporate Fallout Detector an art project by James Patten- Now version 2!
Consumer on the move
- Lists of shared and alternative transport and journey planners - Ridesharing aka. carpooling, car sharing, multimodal transport network finders and more
- Wikitravel (.org) - a travel guide - boycotts should include not going places where people do rotten things, since tourism has an eco-impact and sends messages of approval too. Licensed under the Creative Commons CC-A-SA license. A wiki to discover new places to eat, stay, enjoy and experience.
- Wikivoyage (.org) is a fork of Wikitravel with the muscle and userbase of the Wikimedia Foundation behind it.
Consumer oriented filantrophy sites
Feeling frustrated? Do something useful, it'll make you feel better
- The Hunger Site (.com) - The original Click-to-donate site - Donate food to the hungry by visiting this site. You will see some advertisements from companies that are donating the financial capital to make this happen. If you don't want this to happen you should close your eyes.
- World Community Grid (.org) - Donate your spare CPU cycles ( processor time ) to work for good of the world at the price of the added electricity consumption of burning your CPU hot instead of it kicking back and lowering electricity consumption when it has much idle time.
Activist oriented sites
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations AFL–CIO (.org).
- Amnesty International (org) - Agenda: Human rights
- Environmental Defence (.org) - Makers of http://scorecard.goodguide.com/ service in which allows you to identify polluters in the US in your area*
- Clean Clothes Campaign (.org) - Agenda: Worker's right
- Engaging Networks (.net)
- Foundation for A Free Information Infrastructure (.org)
- Free Software Foundation (.org)
- GNU - Gnu's Not Unix (.org) - promoting free software and open content
- Greenpeace (.org) - Agenda: Environmentalism, safe trade, oceans, climate and opposing dangerous technology
- Human Rights Watch (.org) - Agenda: Human Rights
- Infoshop.org is a portal linking content on the net of interest to the anarchist and anti-authoritarian community. In the spirit of anarchism, it is a collaborative project that encourages participation and networking of resources. Part of this network is the often updated Infoshop News.
- The International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements - IFOAM (.bio) is the worldwide umbrella organization for the organic agriculture movement, which represents close to 800 affiliates in 117 countries. ( Wikipedia )
- SourceWatch (.org) - Propaganda and no body detection, since these always work to the detriment of some body. - A collaborative effort to investigate public relations operations and operatives by The Center for Media and Democracy. Formerly known as Disinfopedia. It is a collaborative project to produce a directory of public relations firms, think tanks, industry-funded organizations and industry-friendly experts that work to influence public opinion and public policy on behalf of corporations, governments and special interests. And yes, it's in the GFDL part of the world (Running MediaWiki, under GFDL)
- http://sumofus.org/ - World-wide activist effort
- TheyRule (.net)- Topic map style visual presentations of interrelations of Companies, executives and stuff in the US mostly. They Rule aims to provide a glimpse of some of the relationships of the US ruling class.
- Transparency International (.org) - Agenda: Fighting corruption. Lot's of good stuff on sustainable development, good corporate citizenship and lots more
- Worldwatch Institute (.org) - An independent research organization working for an environmentally sustainable and socially just society.
Business ethics and other sites for businesses
- Fairtrade Federation (.com)- an association of fairtrade wholesalers, retailers, and producers
- The Jus Semper Global Alliance (.org) main programme is "The Living Wages North and South Initiative" which studies the development of purchasing power parity in developed and developing countries - Very good and concise source of corporate social responsibility (CSR) information.
- Rocky Mountain Institute (.org) - promoting Natural Capitalism
- Social Accountability International (sa-intl.org) - organisation behind the SA8000 social accountability system.
- Diaspora* - a decentralized ad-free and cost-free social network software and social network. https://d.consumium.org serving the consumer informedness effort. http://podupti.me is a site dedicated to provide various views of the pods currently active. Share with us. We are firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical solutions and information sources useful to Consum(er)ium
- DBpedia (.org) - http://wiki.dbpedia.org/ data extraction of information in Wikipedia to an w:ontology and datasets and Wikidata (.org)
- International Organization for Standardization ISO (.org)] - They have a bad practice of charging lots of money for any reference-quality data. See w:List of ISO standards for a quick overview of their scope
- Internet UPC Database (.com)] - Database of manufacturers and products with UPC codes, searchable online and downloadable version which is not as up-to-date as the online version but is strangely licensed under GPL. Internet UPC Database released a barcode read-via-camera enabled iPhone app in 2015.
- OASIS (.org) - Organization for Structured Information Standards, maker of ebXML
- The Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market Portal (EU) (oami.europa.eu)
- Translatewiki (.net) is a localisation platform for translation communities, language communities, and free and open source projects. Currently used to localize MediaWiki, pyWikipediaBot and Toolserver. Under CC-BY 3.0.
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) - Agenda: Environment and Human Settlements, Transport, Statistics, Economic Analysis, Population Analysis, Industrial Restructuring, Energy and Enterprise Development, Trade, Industry and Enterprise Development, Timber, Agricultural Standards, Coordinating Unit for Operational Activities, Transport, Health and Environment Pan-European Programme. 10 pages of different types of apples, need I say more. Reference-quality stuff.
- United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business - Tons and tons of trade specifications/advisories. Reference-quality stuff.
- UN/LOCODE by UNECE UN/LOCODE provides code elements for more than 36.000 names of pots, airports, rail and road terminals, postal exchange offices, border crossing points and other locations used in trade and transport in 234 countries.
- United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) - by ( United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)) Now technically managed by UCC. Contains 50,000+ commodities and product groups
- Wikitext standard efforts
- (note: Meta-Wikipedia is now devoted to software imperialism and mediawiki hegemony, and cannot be considered a valid forum to discuss any such "standard"; As an example of a failed attempt to organize against a cabal, see theUnited Wikipedias Forum - how to get a huge 40-language project governed in Simple English without a cabal taking it over completely. Obviously this has failed.
GFDL corpus sources of information
- GFDL Corpus despite the various thugs trying to control it for their own commercial interests
- Wikipedia (.org) The free encyclopedia, all content is under GFDL. - (Running MediaWiki) use [[w:Article name]]
- Wikibooks (.org) Yet another great idea being put forward by WikiMedia Foundation. Wikibooks is dedicated to developing and disseminating free, open content textbooks and other classroom texts - (Running MediaWiki, under GFDL)
- Wiktionary - The free dictionary and thesaurus in every language. GFDL also. Not much happening there now. - (Running MediaWiki, under GFDL)
- Simple English Wikipedia (.org) - educating people all over the world, finding out what they care about, recruiting those who can keep opinion wiki up to date. This is the translation base for all Wikipedias, and may be necessary for use to provide background notes in any language for Consumerium advice.
- AFL–CIO Corporate Pay Watch]: Annoy yourself by looking up how much US CEOs' get compensated.
- Global Greens (.org) - mailing lists automatically set up for any Green Party - or other groups obeying Global Greens Charter
- Global Villages (.org) is a precursor to the "Globally Integrated Village Environment" (GIVE)
- http://www.ipjustice.org A project that lobbies against w:Digital Restrictions Management and misuse of Intellectual Property.
- OPTIMAES Wiki (Open Project To Investigate Money And Economic Systems) - Usemod, public domain
- The Open Co-op - "... To build a worldwide commmunity of individuals and organisations committed to creating a collaborative sustainable economy." - Tikiwiki, copyright unknown.
- openDemocracy.net - an online global magazine of politics and culture. They publish clarifying debates which help people make up their own minds.
- http://smartmobs.com - discussion of mobile technologies for politics
The Consum(er)ium eternally incomplete list of stuff by country
- Fairtrade organisation: Fairtrade South Africa
- http://www.choice.com.au/ - Australia's oldest consumer empowerment effort
- http://guide.ethical.org.au - An ethical consumer guide and more
- http://ethicalconsumer.org.au/ - Ethical Consumers Australia (ECA) nonprofit association has various functions and projects
- * http://goodonyou.org.au/ Apps for Android and iOS by ECA for the clothing shopping consumer.
- http://www.ethicalliving.net.au/- Providing ethically sourced ethnical handicrafted via webshop with principles of fair trade.
- "Earth Reforesting System" - not sure if this is going to work, but, at least they started with mediawiki, so maybe they are just waiting for others to chip in, just like Consumerium did. Mostly in Japanese.
- Fairtrade organisation: Fairtrade South-Korea
- Fairtrade organisation: yes
- Fairtrade organisation Fairtrade Denmark
- Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International member?: Yes. Fairtrade Estonia
- Traveller router coverage?: Yes. Nation-wide. Multimodal Peatus.ee
- Peer-to-peer carsharing?: Yes. Autolevi (.ee)]
- Inventions: Sauna, molotov cocktail, irc, GNU/Linux and ssh
- Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International member?: Yes. http://www.reilukauppa.fi/
- Traveller router coverage? Yes. Nation-wide. Multimodal Matka.fi plus more
- Carpooling services?: Yes. list
- w:Peer-to-peer carsharing?: Yes. https://www.shareitbloxcar.fi/
- Carsharing service coverage?: peer-to-peer and traditional carsharing exist in the Metropolitan Helsinki area list
- Consumer empowerment efforts
- http://kulutusjuhla.fi/ ( Consumption Celebration ) which inherited the now defunct Consumer Gadget association's funds
Relevant wikipedia articles
- Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International member?: Yes. http://www.fairtrade-deutschland.de/index.php
- Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International member?: Yes.: Fairtrade Lithuania
- Minciu Sodas open laboratory for serving and organizing independent thinkers
- Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International member?: Yes.:Fairtrade organisation: http://www.raettvist.se/
- Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International member?: Yes.:Fairtrade organisation: http://www.maxhavelaar.ch
- http://www.ecocentricguide.ca/ blogging and marketing about all things ecolo. webshop plus physical outlets via cooperating businesses.
- http://www.ethicaldirectory.ca/ - Green & Ethical Businesses == Good Business
- Fairtrade organisation: http://www.fairtradeusa.org/
- http://www.goodguide.com/- Ethical shopping guide webgui and app give a 0 to 10 scale rating for for health, environment, and social impact. App only for iOS. That ain't very ethical towards Android OS users.
- National Retail Federation / Association for Retail Technology Standards - Their XML schema covers the following issues: Item & Price Maintenance - Merchandise Flow Management - Inventory Management - Tender Control - Adminstration - Reporting - Ordering - Workforce Management - Customer Relationship Management
- Research - Ongoing research works in Wikipedia, Meta-Wikipedia etc.
- Wikipedia - Intersting fairly completed articles in Wikipedia
- Interesting companies - Commercial links
- Interesting software - links to useful software projects
- Interesting feeds - Interesting RSS (RDF) feeds
- Strange projects - Amusing, but "not useful" sites
- Bluetooth - All Bluetooth related links go here
- XML - XML links here