Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK laws against synthetic filth. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement. See Current and possible laws and their application @ #SSF! wiki for more info on the struggle for laws to protect humans.
The existence of troll culture is disputed, but not at Consumerium where it is alive and well. Some basic cultural principles of trolling:
- never acknowledge authorship of anything, only ask if it is correct or fair
- never ask about authorship of anything, only ask if it is correct or fair
- never log in, ever, except perhaps to upload picture, then ditch the ID
- if you are forced to log in, use "troll" in your name so that other trolls can see that you are a troll, proud of it, and standing tall
- constantly shift IP addresses, and employ anonymous proxy servers to help other trolls pretend to be "you"
- be as hilarious as possible, ideally employing sarcasm, irony and paradox to the maximum
- try to document procedures in troll songs that anyone can easily sing
- come up with as many new definitions as you can for the verb "to troll"
- oppose sysopism with trollist ideology
- where necessary invent trollish language that other trolls will learn, and use to coordinate without sysops really knowing what is going on
- encourage friendly trolling and always help troll-friendly wikis
- be especially sure to help out projects like Consumerium, which rock