Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK laws against synthetic filth. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement. See Current and possible laws and their application @ #SSF! wiki for more info on the struggle for laws to protect humans.
Consumerium analysis work in progress on social media
The main quartet of the free is
Consumium free social as of 2016 hosts 4 free social media:
- https://d.consumium.org diaspora* since July 2013.
- https://friendica.consumium.org Friendica since 2016
- https://hub.consumium.org Hubzilla since 2016
- https://social.consumium.org GNU social since 2016
- Hubzilla (.org) is a very nice free social media where membership is to the entire network, not only to an instance.
- Friendica (.com) is the least steep and long learning curve free social media alternative to Facebook.
- The Friendica Directory is a place where you can find instances by location, groups, interesting tags and quite naturally people on the network
- GNU social (gnu.io)
We are kind of there with the handle @consumium since 2012.
Read more on twitter:
Google+ plus.google.com is a foray into social media by Alphabet Corporation also known as Google.
Read more on Google+:
Facebook (.com) is a well known ad funded social networking site that serves hundreds of millions of users every day.
We are there with the handle @consumium since 2012 but the account didn't become public till 2015.
They employ a modern approach to serving content, using a CDN (Content delivery network)
Read more on Facebook: