Some requested preferences-based features
A preferences filter enables a consumer to specify what information s/he wishes to view and in what order in each case. Having scanned the RFID's of the products available in a particular store, the consumer would like to score and filter these before attempting to select from them.
Preferences can be arranged and grouped in several ways, for example:
- I want to filter products/services by supplier's eco-region, so I may shop locally.
- I want to select from among the more ecologically safe, more socially moral products.
- Listing products within a product group by their composite rating from Opinion Wiki might be a partial solution. Perhaps Campaigns could have other attributes besides score, campaigners, votes and non machine-readable textual descriptions ie. Some campaign classification scheme. Ecology, Social, Labor, History, Quality...
- I want to see only products/services that are approved by any two of my trusted auditor's.
- Give me the top ten environmentally friendly products in this store.
- Disagree; place RFID tags on products; Whenever I walk past a product, my mobile receiver will sniff product code and look up the product in a database, and process and score it according to stored preferences. It should give me directions to a reliable source of Kit-Kat McFlurry, nearest to me right now. I should like to order a truckload. 188.8.131.52 04:13, 3 Dec 2003 (EET)
- Nope. It's well known that for example vegetables are more ecological then meat products in the sense of nutrients consumed in producing a certain amount of nutrients for the consumer so automatic ordering of all products in a store by environmental friendliness is inresolavble when considering that different product groups fullfill different needs. mmkay? Juxo 08:00, 3 Dec 2003 (EET)
- I don't mean to imply a total ordering; I recognise that it's a partial ordering with mood, for instance and hunger, and other factors which the unit cannot sense at this moment. But I am the agent in this relationship; faced with highlighted choices of top products by mood.. perhaps showing as different colours on my monitor screen. It is still my final decision as a consumer whether to purchase. 184.108.40.206 06:04, 4 Dec 2003 (EET)