From Consumerium R&D Wiki
The Consumerium Researcher is
- Primarily recruited at, and served by, the Research Wiki (which is presently prototyped as the Main Page Researcher in this Combined Wiki)
- Responsible for discovering the service cycle and comprehensive outcome of any commodity or product they take specific responsibility for
- Ideally, they would learn ConsuML and criticizing it in depth when it doesn't do a good job of representing these concerns.
- Responsible for tracking input from non-researchers or other researchers in other essential projects, such as the forums run by Wikipedia, Wikinfo, Greenpeace, Disinfopedia, Recyclopedia, Adbusters, Green Parties, Amnesty, labour organizations, other NGOs, and etc.
- To customize research to deal with as many strictly local concerns as possible, and actively do researcher outreach to find local researchers who know local conditions
- Discover appropriate technology options that better suit specific regions or nations.
- Responsible to update the Consumerium:Researcher_FAQ
- Remit work as per the Consumerium:Researcher_Agreement, of which the most important is to release facts, research and debate under GFDL in the Research Wiki, to support the eventual Consumerium License and cooperate under that license with the Consumerium Governance Organization in getting the healthy buying infrastructure bootstrapped and making their research available to any user of healthy signal infrastructure facilities, on reasonable (i.e. self-funding) terms.
- Committed to remaining neutral on all factionally defined terms, and to do as much as possible to accomodate faction-specific language in research, and to accomodate specific critiques only from a faction point of view.
- Responsible to report abuse of power by a Consumerium:Sysop if there is any sign of factional favouritism, and to call for certain abusive users (e.g. those who "talk and log") to be driven off by trolls from time to time.
- To neither request nor use any security feature that would cause services to cease to be troll-friendly. To not advocate any permission-based models which necessarily disadvantage the New Troll point of view. To avoid forming a researchers clique or cabal that would control the information.