Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK laws against synthetic filth. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement. See Current and possible laws and their application @ #SSF! wiki for more info on the struggle for laws to protect humans.
There are several reasons Consumerium cares about the UN. For one thing, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (w:UNESCO), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (w:UNHCR) and other organizations within the UN have information we can mostly trust and that we want in our content wiki. The UN has as close as we can really get to a neutral point of view on some questions.
Finally, if there is ever world government, Consumerium Services will surely be either the biggest challenge to it, or the biggest part of it. This should start with safe trade standards and move on to at least elimination of ape genocide and slavery (both already illegal, not economically or politically necessary anywhere).
Key organizations for Consumerium within the UN System
International Labour Organization
The w:International Labour Organization (ILO), founded in 1919 is a w:United Nations agency that sets w:international labour standards and promotes social protection and work opportunities for all. (Wikipedia)
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) (.org) was set up in 1947 by ECOSOC. It is one of five regional commissions of the UN.
- Its primary goal is to encourage greater economic cooperation among its member States.
- It focuses on economic analysis, environment and human settlements, statistics, sustainable energy, trade, industry and enterprise development, timber and transport.
- UNECE activities include policy analysis, development of conventions, regulations and standards, and technical assistance.
- UNECE has 55 member States. However, all interested UN member States may participate in its work.
- Over 70 international professional organizations and other non-governmental organizations take part in UNECE activities.
- Provides all sorts of fun papers such as 20-page PDFs describing what apples are.
- Read more in Wikipedia w:United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
UN/LOCODE database by UNECE
UNECE is the organizer and source of UN/LOCODE location identification and transport function database, that is apparently in widespread daily use in the world. It effectively identifies all junctions of international trade.
- Read more in Wikipedia w:UN/LOCODE
UN/CEFACT information interexchange system
UN/CEFACT is an information interchange system by UNECE.
- Read more in Wikipedia w:UN/CEFACT
International E-road network
w:International E-road network is another trade facilitation initiative by UNECE.
World Intellectual Property Organization
- Read more in Wikipedia: w:WIPO
WIPO and Consumerium
- WIPO is currently in charge of the leading candidate for product and service classifications selection: the Nice Classification.
- WIPO Lex is an online database of national legislation and international treaties in the field of intellectual property.
- European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) has multilingual searchable database of NICE codes.