The existence of troll culture is disputed, but not at Consumerium where it is alive and well. Some basic cultural principles of trolling:
- never acknowledge authorship of anything, only ask if it is correct or fair
- never ask about authorship of anything, only ask if it is correct or fair
- never log in, ever, except perhaps to upload picture, then ditch the ID
- if you are forced to log in, use "troll" in your name so that other trolls can see that you are a troll, proud of it, and standing tall
- constantly shift IP addresses, and employ anonymous proxy servers to help other trolls pretend to be "you"
- be as hilarious as possible, ideally employing sarcasm, irony and paradox to the maximum
- try to document procedures in troll songs that anyone can easily sing
- come up with as many new definitions as you can for the verb "to troll"
- oppose sysopism with trollist ideology
- where necessary invent trollish language that other trolls will learn, and use to coordinate without sysops really knowing what is going on
- encourage friendly trolling and always help troll-friendly wikis
- be especially sure to help out projects like Consumerium, which rock