Consumerium analysis work in progress on social media
We can divide the various social media by type. Most obvious is profit vs. nonprofit which we will use here.
The main quartet of the free is
And the for-profits are
Consumium free social as of 2016 hosts 4 free social media:
- https://d.consumium.org diaspora* since July 2013.
- https://friendica.consumium.org Friendica since 2016
- https://hub.consumium.org Hubzilla since 2016
- https://social.consumerium.org GNU social since 2016
- Hubzilla (.org) is a very nice free social media where membership is to the entire network, not only to an instance.
- Friendica (.com) is the least steep and long learning curve free social media alternative to Facebook.
- The Friendica Directory is a place where you can find instances by location, groups, interesting tags and quite naturally people on the network
- GNU social (gnu.io)
We are kind of there with the handle @consumium since 2012.
Read more on twitter:
Google+ plus.google.com is a foray into social media by Alphabet Corporation also known as Google.
Read more on Google+:
Facebook (.com) is a well known ad funded social networking site that serves hundreds of millions of users every day.
We are there with the handle @consumium since 2012 but the account didn't become public till 2015.
They employ a modern approach to serving content, using a CDN (Content delivery network)
Read more on Facebook: