Lists of alternative financial services
- 1 Consume(er)ium list of alternative financial services lists
- 2 Europe
- 2.1 Lists of P2P financial services in Europe
- 2.2 Finland
- 2.3 UK
Consume(er)ium list of alternative financial services lists
What are alternative financial services?
This is the Consume(er)ium list of w:alternative financial services lists.
Often the spectrum ranges from brute loan sharking in operations known as w:payday loans all the way to almost respectable interest taking of non-collateralized loans.
What is APR, why does it matter?
- APR stands for the annual percentage rate.
“In many countries and jurisdictions, lenders (such as banks) are required to disclose the "cost" of borrowing in some standardized way as a form of consumer protection. APR is intended to make it easier to compare lenders and loan options.”
- In EU all loaning operations must show the APR for their example loans in their marketing.
- APR can range from hundreds of percent to few tens of percent. Credit card debt is usually in the 10-15% zone.
“Peer-to-peer lending, abbreviated P2PL, is the practice of lending money to unrelated individuals, or "peers", without going through a traditional financial intermediary such as a bank or other traditional financial institution. P2PL is not to be confused with peer to peer investing (P2PI). This lending takes place online on peer-to-peer lending companies' websites using various different lending platforms and credit checking tools. Many also use the abbreviation "P2P" when discussing the peer-to-peer lending or investing industries more generally. Peer-to-peer lending is also known as crowdlending.”
Microfinance and microcredit
- More reading Impact of microcredit
Socially responsible investing
“Socially responsible investing (SRI), also known as sustainable, socially conscious, "green" or ethical investing, is any investment strategy which seeks to consider both financial return and social good.”
Lists of P2P financial services in Europe
List of Finnish alternative financial services lists
List of P2P financial services in Finland
- https://www.trustbuddy.fi/ by TrustBuddy AB (NO)
Lists of P2P financial services in Finland
- http://p2pfa.info/ - Peer-to-peer Finance Association of UK