Lists of alternative financial services
- 1 Consume(er)ium list of alternative financial services lists
- 2 Europe
- 2.1 Lists of P2P financial services in Europe
- 2.2 Finland
- 2.3 UK
Consume(er)ium list of alternative financial services lists
What are alternative financial services?
This is the Consume(er)ium list of w:alternative financial services lists.
Often the spectrum ranges from brute loan sharking in operations known as w:payday loans all the way to almost respectable interest taking of non-collateralized loans.
What is APR, why does it matter?
- APR stands for the annual percentage rate.
“In many countries and jurisdictions, lenders (such as banks) are required to disclose the "cost" of borrowing in some standardized way as a form of consumer protection. APR is intended to make it easier to compare lenders and loan options.”
- In EU all loaning operations must show the APR for their example loans in their marketing.
- APR can range from hundreds of percent to few tens of percent. Credit card debt is usually in the 10-15% zone.
“Peer-to-peer lending, abbreviated P2PL, is the practice of lending money to unrelated individuals, or "peers", without going through a traditional financial intermediary such as a bank or other traditional financial institution. P2PL is not to be confused with peer to peer investing (P2PI). This lending takes place online on peer-to-peer lending companies' websites using various different lending platforms and credit checking tools. Many also use the abbreviation "P2P" when discussing the peer-to-peer lending or investing industries more generally. Peer-to-peer lending is also known as crowdlending.”
Microfinance and microcredit
- More reading Impact of microcredit
Lists of P2P financial services in Europe
List of Finnish alternative financial services lists
List of P2P financial services in Finland
- https://www.trustbuddy.fi/ by TrustBuddy AB (NO)
Lists of P2P financial services in Finland
- http://p2pfa.info/ - Peer-to-peer Finance Association of UK