Extraction and disposal
Extraction and disposal are how resources are handled or wasted, or how waste as a resource is treated, and how resource as waste is mismanaged. One cannot look at these two issues separately under ISO 14000.
Ecology is itself concerned with the way waste from one species creates resources for another. But we see this only from a limited human point of view. From the more expansive, underground, rooted, troll point of view, there is a sixth concern, that of continuous doubt that ecology has it right.
The styles of capital, all six of them, are related to extraction and disposal as follows:
- natural capital accepts waste and returns natural resources - this is the basis of all wealth and of value of Earth.
- infrastructural capital makes this more efficient, from a human point of view, i.e. Chinese farmers put up outhouses near their fields to get night soil from travellers, which is also pig food, which make food for everyone.
- human capital (a human point of view on instructional capital, social capital, and individual capital in some combination) has both labour and optimizing as output. It also has ideas which are bad.
- instructional capital consists of codifying optimizations to save natural and infrastructural capital, and keep individual capital from being wasted as pointless labour. Perfect instructional capital has no ideas in it - just as perfect soil has no seeds! Wikipedia attempts to achieve this, but sometimes, ideas sneak in, mostly because sysops like them. This leads directly to troll-sysop struggle as sysops try to promote ideas and trolls try to remove them. Social capital has an ugly side - political struggle - that we all dislike but must do anyway. The CGO can help us do it effeciently.
- social capital is the balance of trust that makes all the above work, and prevents legal struggle which would bring in unwanted parties, e.g. lawyers, who would come to the table with "ideas", which would be bad. Very bad. Soal capital has an bad side as well. Things like a deed in land or right to pollute are totally social capital issues.
- individual capital is ability to creatively resolve disputes. This is the CGO board role. They should be people who look only at extraction of individual capital from the talent base of trolls and from them co-opt help with the rule by trolls that emerges on any open campaign. A good example is how act.greenpeace.org does it. A good model for us, especially their anonymity policy.
A perfect statement of the above would be instructional capital that would let even trolls, ascendant, run Consumerium alone with no CGO at all. This would be like Earth running itself with no "help" from humans.
It is all a matter of seeing extraction and disposal as the same natural process, and thinking like a troll: living under the bridge only on garbage thrown down by human wastrels. Maybe barking at them nastily if they throw down nuclear waste or something else inedible even to fairly tough trolls.