Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK laws against synthetic filth. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement. See Current and possible laws and their application @ #SSF! wiki for more info on the struggle for laws to protect humans.
Consumerium Service access
Times when access to Consumerium Services matters, in order of leverage (first on the list are those activities which have the highest)
- When regulator is deciding whether to ban or limit some industry or require some certification or standard label of all producers in that region
- When investor is deciding whether to invest in some company
- When producer is deciding what production process to apply
- When importer is deciding whether to import some product
- When institutional buyer is deciding what institutional buying criteria they should apply in order to meet mandates from the board or managers or other stakeholders in that organization, e.g. how to interpret a mandate to buy only fair trade products
- When wholesale purchaser is deciding what to buy for the retail shelf
- When retail manager is deciding what gets the most prominent shelf space, where that is under their own control (in supermarket chains, it is decided centrally)
- When retail manager is deciding what products should go on sale or be discounted, as loss leaders, or to sell unsold stock.
- When buyer is deciding whether to buy a given item, either at the retail shelf or the checkout counter
Although we focus on the last, it is always better to be sure that the product is not presented to the buyer at all if it is wholly unacceptable to everyone involved in Consumerium. So compiling many individual buying criteria into convincing aggregate profiles, and encouraging institutional buying criteria to be stated in the exact terms of Consumerium Services, may be actually more important to leverage the information to make moral purchasing easier.